Terms of Business
Client means the company, limited liability partnership, partnership or sole trader to whom the Services are provided by 3RLegal.
3R Legal means 3R Legal Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 09848973 and whose registered office is located at 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton SO15 2EA.
Services means work performed by 3R Legal and charged as per 3R Legal’s quotation. Unquoted, additional or ad hoc work are charged at 3R Legal’s current hourly charge which is £150 per hour and partial hours are charged on a pro rata basis.
Work Product means all reports, contracts, opinions, emails, phone calls, recommendations and other work produced by 3R Legal in the course of providing the Services.
- By appointing 3R Legal, the Client agrees to these Terms of Business (“Terms”), and these Terms shall apply to all services provided by 3R Legal to the exclusion of any alternative terms provided by the Client, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- These terms may be varied or excluded (in whole or part) by 3R Legal from time to time, and once notified to the Client, such amendments shall apply to all future dealings between 3R Legal and the Client.
Commencement of Services
The Client shall take all reasonable steps to enable 3R Legal to provide the Services as soon as possible after acceptance of these terms. The Client will make available to 3RLegal all information and documentation reasonably required to carry out the Services.
The Client acknowledges that all 3R Legal solicitors are registered with the Solicitors Regulation Authority as non-practising and 3R Legal is not a regulated firm of solicitors. The Client shall not require 3R Legal to carry out any reserved work within the meaning of section 12 of the Legal Services Act 2007.
Provision of Services
- 3R Legal may decline to provide Services at 3R Legal’s discretion for any reason.
- The Client will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that all data subjects, where relevant, have consented to their personal and sensitive data being supplied to 3R Legal.
- All Work Product shall remain vested in 3R Legal. The Client shall be entitled to use the Work Product in the course of business but the Client must not distribute the Work Product to any third party with the consent of 3R Legal.
Fees and Expenses
- All quotations and invoices issued by 3R Legal are subject to VAT at the standard rate.
- 3R Legal reserves the right to request payment on account prior to the commencement of the Services.
- All undisputed fees and expenses payable to 3R Legal shall be payable within fourteen days of the date of each invoice. Failure by the Client to provide a purchase order number shall have no effect on the Client’s liability to pay the invoice in accordance with these Terms.
- Reasonable expenses, including travelling expenses, shall be pre-agreed with the Client.
- 3R Legal may charge late payment interest and compensation on any overdue sums in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
Either party may terminate these Terms for convenience by serving 30 days’ notice. Either party may immediately terminate these Terms for material breach in the event the other party fails to remedy such breach within 14 days of receiving notice of the breach occurring. The Client shall immediately pay to 3R Legal all fees and expenses (including all the expenses of or caused by or arising out of such termination) and other sums then owing to 3R Legal under this Agreement.
The aggregate liability of 3R Legal to the Client in respect of any claim or series of claims arising out of or in connection with these Terms and whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise shall be limited to 150% of the value of the Services which is the subject of the complaint. Neither party shall be liable to the other for any indirect or consequential losses, special damages or claims for loss of profit, goodwill, business, data or reputational damage.
For the avoidance of doubt, 3R Legal does not exclude liability for death or personal injury or circumstances where liability may not be limited or excluded by law.
All information provided by one party to the other will be treated as confidential and will not be shown or passed to any third party without the written permission of the party that divulged such information.
- Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture or employment relationship between the parties.
- Neither party shall be in breach of these Terms nor liable for delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay or failure result from events, causes, or circumstances beyond its reasonable control. In such circumstances the time for performance shall be extended by a period equivalent to the period during which performance of the obligation has been delayed or failed to be performed.
- Neither party shall assign, transfer or subcontracts its rights or obligations under these Terms without the prior written consent of the other party, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
These Terms shall be construed and have effect in accordance with the laws of England and Wales, and the Client accepts the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.Contact Us